Samhain will start on 31st October 2019 and Continue till 1st November 2019. Samhain is a Gaelic festival marking the end of the harvest season and the beginning of winter or the “darker half” of the year. It is basically the Winter Start Event. End of the harvest season, beginning of winter.
Halloween’s origins date back to the ancient Celtic festival of Samhain (pronounced sow-in). The Celts, who lived 2,000 years ago, mostly in the area that is now Ireland, the United Kingdom, and northern France, celebrated their new year on November 1. This Information has collected from History.com.
- Significance: End of the harvest season, the beginning of winter
- Date: Thursday, October 31, 2019 – Friday, November 1, 2019
- Celebrations: Bonfires, guising/mumming, divination, feasting
- Also called: Sauin (Manx language)
- Observed by: Historically: Gaels; Today: Irish people, Scottish people, Manx people, Celtic neopagans, Wiccans
People from different countries, especially Western Christians are celebrating this Festivals with their Cultural Activities. Rest the world, many people are also celebrating the Day. Many Non-Christians are also celebrating this Halloween Festivals 2019.