In the first year of this UG Engineering Course, all students are divided into two groups. One group goes through the Physics Cycle and the remaining go through the Chemistry Cycle. The subjects taught in both cycles are the same, but the order is different.
– Telecommunication and its historical background.
– Status of telecommunication
– Tele communication Standards
– Tele communication standard organization
– Telegraph system
– Telephone relays and switched.
– Transmission media and audio Visual equipments.
1. Understand the concept of telecommunication and its historical background
1.1 Define telecommunication
1.2 Describe the historical development of telecommunication
1.3 Mention the different types of telecommunication
1.4 Explain modern telecommunication System.
2. Understand the status of Telecommunication all over the worlds
1.1 Mention the uses of telecommunication our daily life.
1.2 Describe the overall telecommunication fields in Bangladesh.
1.3 Discuss the Telecommunication structure allover the world.
3. Understand the concept of Telecommunication standards
1.1 Mention the different types of telecommunication standard
1.2 Mention the advantage of telecommunication standard
1.3 Describe the reason of failure of different telecommunication system.
1.4 List the major telecommunication standard making bodies.
4. Understand the concept of Telecommunication standard organization
4.1 Describe the function of BTRC
4.2 Describe the IEEE-802 project group.
4.3 Describe the structure of ANSS, ASCTS telecommunication standard committees
4.4 Describe the organization and functions of the ITU.
4.5 Mention the role of OSS, ECMA, EIA and COS organization.
5. Understand the concept of Telegraph system
5.1 Describe the principle of telegraph system and various telegraph circuits
5.2 Describe the teleprompter and facsimile.
5.3 Describe the telex network.
5.4 Describe the mores code, cable code, 5-unit code and hell scribers code
5.5 Define the terms of baud and WPH.
6. Understand the features of telephone apparatus.
6.1 Describe the automatic subscriber’s telephone set.
6.2 Describe the tones used in automatic telephone.
6.3 Describe the operation of ASTIC circuit.
6.4 Describe the construction and operation of digital telephone set.
6.5 Describe the basic concept of cordless/radio telephone set.
6.6 Describe NWD and ISD system of dialing.
6.7 Describe pulse and dual tone multi frequency dialing system.
6.8 Mention the elements of PSTN.
7. Understand the features of telephone relay & switches.
6.1 Describe the polarized AC relay.
6.2 Describe the principle of operation of different telephone relays.
6.3 Describe the operation of different selector switches
6.4 Define the term operate and release current and operates and release lass.
8. Understand the concept of Transmission Media.
8.1 Define the term transmission media.
8.2 Describe the characteristics of transmission media.
8.3 Discuss wire-pair cable, co-axial cable, helix cable, optical fiber.
8.4 Describe the basic principle of radio system.
8.5 Describe the basic idea of satellite communication system.
8.6 Describe the basic concept of optical fiber communication system.
8.7 Describe the factors influencing the choice of transmission media.
9. Understand the features of audio visual equipments.
9.1 Mention the classification of microphones.
9.2 Describe the construction and operation of the following speakers
9.3 Woofer b) twister c) midrange d) ribbon speaker.
9.4 Identify the different parts of public address system with block diagram.
9.5 Explain the simple cross over network for speaker connection.
9.6 Explain the construction & operation of dynamic condenser and crystal microphones.
10. Understand the concept of noise
10.1 Define noise its unit.
10.2 Mention the different types of internal and external noise.
10.3 Define the terms of noise figure, echoes and jitter.
10.4 Describe the terms signal to noise (s/n) ratio.
10.5 Describe the noise measurement of telephone channels
10.6 Describe the systematic, alternation harmonic and delay distortion
1. Study the construction and operation of an analogy telephone set.
2. Study the construction and operation of digital telephone set
3. Study the construction and operation of cordless telephone set
4. Study the construction and operation of PSTN.
5. Study the operation of telephone and facsimile
6. Study the operation of telex network.
7. Study the various types of tone generation circuits used in automatic telephone set.
8. Study the construction and operation of telephone relays and different selector switches.
9. Study the construction of different types of communication media.
10. Study the construction and operation of different types of microphone, loudspeaker and public address system.
11. Study the operation of different types of telegraph circuits.
*Note: This Syllabus is Published by: BTEB